Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 4.....just another day in paradise.

Ok, I'm warning you now, I don't have a ton of pics to post...let's just say, nothing much was happening that was pic worthy and then when it did I was sans camera....ah well.

So I had some time to kill today before I met up with my pal, Todd, at his house. I decided to head into downtown Portland to go to the Saturday Market. Yes I know it's Sunday...but it's open Sunday as well.
The Saturday Market is basically a local artisan/craft fair. Pottery, jewelry, incense, you know what I'm talking about and of course the requisite street musicians and teenagers with no sort of direction in life other than hanging out on the street thinking that they deserve something for doing nothing. Make love, not war, man...

It was another hot day and because I really felt like just hanging out and relaxing and reading my book, I headed back to McMenamins Edgefield because they have a porch with rocking chairs where I could people watch....plus the lure of one of these was hard to resist. A Ruby Red milkshake. Vanilla ice cream (made on site) with raspberry compote and their Ruby Ale (yes, that's beer my friend) Yummy yum yum!!

Doctor I think I have a problem, I'm addicted to McMenamins. In retrospect, I would have to say that my favorite one thus far is the Edgefield location but I liked staying in the Olympic Club room (mostly because of the bunk beds and AC) but Edgefield had more to do...golf course, movies, soaking pool, spa, winery and tasting room....ice cream.....

So FINALLY, I head down to Wilsonville, OR to meet up with Todd. He lives on a golf course

and has many toys lying around which you'll see in subsequent postings but one of them is a pumpkin cannon...which I'm told will be a watermelon cannon come Tuesday.
Now the whole reason for this vacation was the fact that I work with Todd. He's an engineer at one of the truck companies we use on our events. Last June we did a Cal State Fullerton game and in passing he mentioned that their company party was in August and that I should attend. I don't think he actually thought I'd say yes, but since I had no other plans for August and I wasn't going to Burning Man, I figured what the heck. The BIG party is on Tuesday, but I've been told there are big plans for me over the next few days since I'm technically a client. I didn't come out here expecting special treatment, but since I don't think they'll take no for an answer..what's a girl to do???

I could also tell you all about how Todd and I went tooling around on the golf cart and while we were on the front nine it died suddenly and we had to walk all the way back to his house, but I promised him I wouldn't embarrass him by even mentioning this..

doh!

It's battery operated too and I've heard of running out of gas on a date, but seriously......

no seriously, it died because of a technical glitch not because the battery was bad...I think it's me, I also made a 4yr old cry....I'm on a roll.

No comments: